State of New Mexico imposes a weight distance Tax on Interstate and Intrastate operators when declared weight greater than 26000 pounds. Each vehicle have to register with New Mexico weight distance tax electronic permit. every Operators need WDT permit if they plan to pass state of New Mexico. Each Operator have to report miles Quarterly online.
Our expertise team can get you new Mexico WDT permits in few minutes, if you meet all requirements, otherwise we will get all the required paperwork for you.
Send us your Telephone Number and we will contact you and explain all our services. We will be glad to answer all your questions regarding New Mexico WDT.
Heavy Vehicle Use Tax
All commercial vehicles weighing 55,000 pounds or more are subject to the federal Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT). The HVUT is a tax that is paid by motor carriers directly to the Internal Revenue Service. Those subject to the HVUT must provide proof of filing to the MVD at time of vehicle registration by submitting an IRS stamped copy of a 2290 Form (Heavy Vehicle Tax Return).
How Sky Transport Solutions provides service for your trucking company.
Our full truck and trailer management service covers these important functions: 1. Licensing, 2. Permitting, and 3. Fuel Tax (IFTA) Reporting to ensure your tractor trailers stay legally on the road and avoid costly fines.
Licensing & Permitting
Sky Transport Solutions will obtain your licenses and permits based on our extensive background in trucking compliance. We will provide support inn a way that benefits your trucking company financially.
Sky Transport Solutions will:
- Obtain initial permits for mileage, authority, International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) and International Registration Plan (IRP)
- We have staff that monitors and completes your renewals for: IRP, IFTA, Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT), Mileage Permits (OR, NM, NY, GA, CA, MO, WA, IN, OK, AZ and/or KY), Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) and applicable Authority Permits.
- Complete IRP, IFTA, Mileage Tax, UCR and Authority Permit applications for additional vehicles added to your fleet.
- Communicate with states on your behalf whenever there are permit changes, such as address changes, return of permits, or cancellations.
- Review your IRP mileage information to ensure your vehicles are meeting the IRP requirements.
- Provide recommendations for permitting needs for the following year.
- Provide cost reports of total fuel, mileage, and authority permits.
- Provide advisement on which base state you should use.
- Recommend best-practices to help you optimize your fleet efficiencies and tax liabilities.
IFTA and Mileage Tax Reporting
To help you comply with your IFTA and Mileage Tax Reporting obligations, Sky Transport Solutions will:
- Collect and enter your driver trip reports, fuel receipts, and toll information into a specialized database. (We accept paper trip documents or electronic data transfer.)
- Conduct a proprietary audit covering 70+ edit checks, analyze data and correct errors to meet IFTA and IRP state compliance requirements.
- Identify and correct discrepancies when appropriate.
- Manage your monthly and quarterly mileage and fuel data.
- Complete and submit tax returns and disperse payments.
- Apply for ongoing fuel tax credits and refunds (as appropriate).
- Maintain trip reports, fuel receipts, and other documentation necessary to meet recordkeeping requirements. We retain this information at Sky Transportation Solutions in Tracy, California and purge according to regulatory timelines.
- Generate Fuel and Mileage Reports, including:
- Monthly/Quarterly Fuel and Mileage Report (including all states)
- Monthly/Quarterly Unit Analysis Report
- Units with no activity