CA NUMBER / MOTOR CARRIER PERMIT / TRUCKING PERMITS
Are you considering starting a trucking company or transportation business in California?
Sky Transport Solutions will take care of all important information that is required by the California DMV Motor Carrier Permit office. We know what is required and how to obtain a trucking permit, quickly and easily, so you can start moving freight and making money.
Send us your Telephone Number and we will contact you and explain all our services and answer any questions you may have regarding CA Numbers and Trucking Permits.
What is a CA number?
CA number is a Unique number assigned by California Highway Patrol. it help CHP to Identify the carrier. California Based motor Carrier required CA number.According to Department of Motor vehicles, A motor carrier permit is a document issued by the DMV’s Registration Operations Division. The permit is issued to the motor carrier as evidence of the registration with the DMV of their Carrier Identification number (CA#), as required by CVC Section 34620. Additionally, the permit verifies the motor carrier has met all of the statutory requirements to commercially operate motor vehicles on California’s highways. The permit contains information specific to the motor carrier (e.g., name, mailing address, CA#, and effective/expiration dates of the permit).
Who Needs A MCP?
- Vehicles operated by household goods and/or passenger carriers as defined in Section 5109 of the Public Utilities Code (those vehicles operate under Public Utilities Commission authority)
- Vehicles operated by household goods carriers to transport used office, store, and institutional furniture and fixtures when operated under a household goods carrier permit issued pursuant to Section 5137 of the PUC.
- Pickup trucks with a GVWR of less than 11,500 pounds, an unladen weight of less 8,001 pounds, and equipped with a box-type bed not exceeding 9 feet in length, when operated in a non-commercial manner.
- Utility trailers, camp trailers, or trailer coaches, or trailer designed to transport watercraft.
- Vehicles providing transportation of passengers only, a passenger stage corporation transporting baggage and express upon a passenger vehicles incidental to the transportation of passengers.
- Vehicles used only for personal use and are 10,000 pounds GVWR or less.
- Two-axle daily rental trucks with a GVWR of less than 26,001 pounds when operated in non- commercial use.
- Vehicles which are exempt from vehicle registration fees.
- Motortrucks or two-axle truck tractors, with a GVWR less than 16,001 pounds, operated singly in noncommercial use (this provision is valid only until January 1, 2016).
How Sky Transport Solutions provides service for your trucking company.
Our full truck and trailer management service covers these important functions: 1. Licensing, 2. Permitting, and 3. Fuel Tax (IFTA) Reporting to ensure your tractor trailers stay legally on the road and avoid costly fines. Plus if you need trucking website design we can do it for you.
Licensing & Permitting
Sky Transport Solutions will obtain your licenses and trucking permits based on our extensive background in trucking compliance. We will provide support inn a way that benefits your trucking company financially.
Sky Transport Solutions will:
- Obtain initial permits for mileage, authority, International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) and International Registration Plan (IRP)
- We have staff that monitors and completes your renewals for: IRP, IFTA, Heavy Vehicle Use Tax (HVUT), Mileage Permits (OR, NM, NY, GA, CA, MO, WA, IN, OK, AZ and/or KY), Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) and applicable Authority Permits.
- Complete IRP, IFTA, Mileage Tax, UCR and Authority Permit applications for additional vehicles added to your fleet.
- Communicate with states on your behalf whenever there are permit changes, such as address changes, return of permits, or cancellations.
- Review your IRP mileage information to ensure your vehicles are meeting the IRP requirements.
- Provide recommendations for permitting needs for the following year.
- Provide cost reports of total fuel, mileage, and authority permits.
- Provide advisement on which base state you should use.
- Recommend best-practices to help you optimize your fleet efficiencies and tax liabilities.
IFTA and Mileage Tax Reporting
To help you comply with your IFTA and Mileage Tax Reporting obligations, Sky Transport Solutions will:
- Collect and enter your driver trip reports, fuel receipts, and toll information into a specialized database. (We accept paper trip documents or electronic data transfer.)
- Conduct a proprietary audit covering 70+ edit checks, analyze data and correct errors to meet IFTA and IRP state compliance requirements.
- Identify and correct discrepancies when appropriate.
- Manage your monthly and quarterly mileage and fuel data.
- Complete and submit tax returns and disperse payments.
- Apply for ongoing fuel tax credits and refunds (as appropriate).
- Maintain trip reports, fuel receipts, and other documentation necessary to meet recordkeeping requirements. We retain this information at Sky Transportation Solutions in Tracy, California and purge according to regulatory timelines.
- Generate Fuel and Mileage Reports, including:
- Monthly/Quarterly Fuel and Mileage Report (including all states)
- Monthly/Quarterly Unit Analysis Report
- Units with no activity
Before you get your California CA number you must have your MC Authority granted.
STS is the California CA Number experts. Fast, Reliable Service.